- Texas Educator Certificate, Standard. 8-12 Social Studies, effective 12/10/2007-11/30/2013.
M.A. History, University of Houston, Clear Lake, 2011
- Focus on American and European History
- Certificate in Women’s Studies
- Fall, 2009 Teaching Assistant for Professor Angela Howard, HIST 4238: Women in U.S. History.
- Spring, 2011, Presenter Student Conference for Research And Creative Arts, “The Female Body in Popular Culture: Gender in Video Games.”
B.A, History, University of Houston, Clear Lake, December, 2008.
- Certification , 8-12 Social Studies
- Certificate in Women’s Studies.
Student Teacher Internship, Dawson High School, Pearland, TX January, 2007-December 2007
- Pre-Advanced Placement and Standard Geography classes as a student teacher
- Developed a unit on United States History and Geography.
A.A. Social Studies, San Jacinto College, South Campus, 2004.
April, 2013-Present Desert Sea Designs, Phoenix, AZ: Independent Contractor/Writer
- Write How-to guides on WordPress 3.5+.
- Write blogs for client websites: TurnKey Kiosks, Wall Sensations, and SixB Labels
- Maintain a weekly blogs for Landofnerds.com
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager
- Write and Submitted press releases
May, 2011-June 2012: Wal-Mart, Kemah, TX. Electronics Sales Associate
- Stock and maintain shelf inventory of all electronics devices
- Assist in one-hour digital photo development
- Assist customers in establishing or upgrading cellular phone contracts.
- Educate customers on general electronics merchandise.
- Customer service and cashier responsibilities
July 2008-August 2010: Blockbuster Video, Seabrook, TX: Shift Leader
- Organize and maintaining all store inventory product, with special concern for store video game inventory.
- Open and close store, responsible for store keys, money deposits, safe code.
- Keep up-to-date on movie and video game releases to assist customer selection
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information.
- Customer Service, cashier, restock of DVD/Blu-Ray disks.
January, 2007-May 2008:Pearland Independent School District, Pearland,TX. Substitute Teacher
- Substitute Teacher for Junior High and High School classes.
- Primary Substitute teaching at Dawson High School in conjunction with Student Teaching.
April, 2006-July, 2007: Kroger Grocery Stores: U-Scan Cashier
- Performed cashier duties
- Monitored self-checkout stands
October, 2003-April, 2006: IHOP, Webster, Tx: Certified Server Trainer, Shift Leader
- Performed Server duties
- Trained new employees
- Managed store during swing shift
September, 1998-May, 2002: United States Army, Signal Corps Darmstadt, Germany: E-4/Microwave Systems Operator-Maintainer (31-P).
- Communications Security for Microwave Radio Systems.
- Secret Security Clearance.
- Represent platoon in post Better Opportunities for Single Service members [BOSS] organization to help plan events for morale and welfare
- Weekly unit briefing of post Morale, Welfare, and Recreation events.
- Lead platoon Physical Training exercises.
- Dean’s List, Summer, 2005
- Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society
- Alpha Chi Honor Society.
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society